Bird of Prey Photos

Young Eagle

Photograph by Jacky Gerritsen, My Shot
Young eagle with an attitude
Photo: A brown eagle calling

Horned Owl

Photograph by Joe Dubberly, My Shot
A horned owl stopped by to get a closer look at me. What I found most amazing was the curiosity of these little guys to the activities of humans.
Photo: Close-up of a horned owl

Griffon Vulture

Photograph by Marcello Spiazzi, My Shot
Shooting at Parco Le Cornelle, Bergamo
Photo: Close-up of a vulture

Great Horned Owl

Photograph by James Galletto, My Shot
Newly fledged great horned owl
Photo: A great horned owl on a tree branch

Horned Owls

Photograph by Steven Besserman, My Shot
The sound of the shutter release woke this young horned owl from his nap.
Photo: An owl yawning next to a sleeping owl

Bald Eagle

Photograph by Ellen Shannon, My Shot
This photograph was taken at the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey in Maitland, Florida, in September 2008.
Photo: Close-up profile of a bald eagle’s head

Trained Golden Eagle

Photograph by Viacheslav Smilyk, My Shot
This photo was taken in October 2007 in west Mongolia. The golden eagle flies on call of the hunter.
Photo: A man on a horse and a flying eagle

Osprey Chicks

Photograph by Doc Baldwin, My Shot
Three baby ospreys
Photo: Baby birds in a nest

Cooper’s Hawk

Photograph by Mary Ann Bridge, My Shot
A pair of young Cooper's hawks lives in the wooded hills around my home, sharing the territory with hundreds of squirrels and smaller birds. This hawk is familiar with the lens, the sound of the shutter, and my voice and presence. He is about to pounce, but not knowing how close he was to my cat I had to talk him off. The change in vibration of my voice startled him and eventually he decided it wasn't worth the risk and for me, it wasn't worth the shot.
Photo: A hawk on a branch

Peregrine Falcon

Photograph by Terry Piotraschke, My Shot
This photo of a hawk was taken in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Photo: Close-up of a hawk

Cooper’s Hawk

Photograph by Katie Barnes, My Shot
I was house-sitting for a friend in Rocheport, Missouri, when I heard a huge bang in the living room. I ran in, looked out the window, and saw this, I think, Cooper's hawk, stunned on the ground. I went outside and sat with it for about 20 minutes until it finally perked up and took flight
Photo: Close-up of a bird with red eyes

Birds Feeding

Photograph by Agnes Kiss, My Shot
The pair
Photo: Two birds eating

King Vulture

Photograph by Jacky Gerritsen, My Shot
The king vulture (Sarcoramphus papa)
Photo: Close-up of a vulture’s head

Vulturine Guinea Fowls

Photograph by Armando Mejia, My Shot
Acryllium vulturinum
Photo: Close-up of two birds

Gyrfalcon

Photograph by Luke Ormand, My Shot
This super-rare gyrfalcon had killed a herring gull and was flying away to eat it in peace.
Photo: A bird in flight clutching its prey













No comments:

Post a Comment