Go Green - Recycle Your Old Phones With Atterobay


Attero Recycling has announced India’s first ever mobile recycling service, where people can trade in their used, old mobile phones for a voucher or hard cash. This initiative is a step forward in the Green revolution and helps reduce one's carbon footprint. If the phone is not in a working condition, then it's directly recycled, else Attero will fix up the phone and resell it.
atterobay_281142529958_640x360.jpg
Get rid of e-Waste the right way


Just to try it out, I entered my year old Galaxy S, which apart from a few bumps and nicks, works just fine. To my surprise, Attero valued my phone at just Rs. 4,800, if I chose cash and Rs.6,000 if I chose the voucher. Another option is to have a tree planted in my name. Now, I know for a fact that if I sell this phone in a shop, I can expect at least 13 -14K, so I wonder how many people would actually do this. To be honest, It doesn’t really seem like a good idea if your phone is in a good condition. However, if there’s something wrong with the phone or it’s dead, then you might as well give it for recycling, since you won’t be able to sell it anyways.

Attero claim that they will fix up the used phones and 'put it in the hands of someone who needs it. We're not sure if they mean to donate or resell it. There’s also no option on the site to buy a used phone, so I wonder what exactly happens to them. Head on to their site to have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment